A foreign national or a Mauritian citizen can buy a house, villa or apartment in Mauritius and can invest safely while enjoying tax benefits through these five types of investment schemes which are the Property Development Scheme (PDS), the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS), the Real Estate Scheme (RES), the G + 2 and the …
What is the best investment in Mauritius?
Best Investment Plans in Mauritius
- Property Development Scheme (PDS) The Property Development Scheme (PDS)(opens in a new tab) was previously referred to as RES before it was changed to PDS in 2015. …
- Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS) …
- Real Estate Scheme (RES) …
- Investment Hotel Scheme. …
- G+2 Scheme.
How do I start investing in Mauritius?
To trade on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius, all clients must open a CDS account which is held with a CDS participant and used for securities transactions. All investment dealers must be CDS participants. It costs Rs300 to open a CDS account.
How much do you need to invest in Mauritius?
For a minimum investment of $375,000, investors obtain permanent residency for themselves, their spouses, children of all ages as well as their parents with the procedure being relatively simple and easy, said High Street Auctions.
What business can I invest in Mauritius?
Business Opportunities in Mauritius
- Financial services, including accounting, auditing, and financial consultation.
- Hospitality and property development.
- Healthcare and medical travel.
- Distribution and logistics services.
- Information technology.
- Aquaculture and Seafood processing.
Is real estate a good investment in Mauritius?
As stated above, real estate offers attractive rental income, and capital gains at resale – especially if the property is located in a popular and fast-developing region. Investing in real estate in Mauritius is also a method of securing your assets, and eventually of passing them on to your successors.
Why Mauritius is good for foreign investors?
Mauritius is a beacon of political, social and economic stability. With its wide network of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements and Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs), Mauritius offers investors a conducive environment for doing business which guarantees predictability, certainty and security.