How do I form a company in Egypt?
The main required documents to establish a company in Egypt
- A trade name clearance certificate from GAFI.
- A bank certificate by the capital depositing.
- Power of attorneys and original for establishment.
- Copies of the IDs for partners and Egyptian managers and passports for foreign managers.
How much does it cost to open a company in Egypt?
Egypt company incorporation costs for an Egyptian LLC in Year 1 are US$9,750 and annual company costs in Year 2 and thereafter are US$2,450. Average engagement fees, including company incorporation, opening a business bank account, and all government fees are as detailed in the table below.
Can foreigners own businesses in Egypt?
Generally, foreigners form their businesses under either Law of Commerce 17 (1999) or Companies Law No. 151 (1981). Most foreign companies operating in Egypt are joint stock or limited liability companies.
Is it hard to open a business in Egypt?
Most foreign companies operating in Egypt are joint stock or limited liability companies. There are sole proprietorships (such as restaurants and boutiques), but they are more difficult to establish (due to the numbing amount of permits and paperwork required) and are therefore less common.
How do I register a startup in Egypt?
Documents required to register a company in Egypt
- A certificate of non-confusion of company name approved by the Commercial Register;
- A bank certificate of depositing at least 10% of the issued capital;
- Copies of relevant powers of attorney from all founders (minimum three founders).
How do I register my online business in Egypt?
Steps to Start Your eCommerce Business in Egypt:
- Decide on the Perfect Business Model. …
- Decide on Where You Want to Sell Your Products. …
- Choose a Niche Market. …
- Register Your eCommerce Business & Brand Name. …
- Launch Your eCommerce Business & Start Promoting It.
How do I register a company name in Egypt?
The required documents for registering a one-person company (OPC)
- A notarized power of attorney to be legalized from the Egyptian consulate.
- Choosing the name of the company.
- Transferring the capital of the company which shall be EGP 50000 to extract bank certificate.
- A copy of the founder’s passport.
Is Egypt a good place to start a business?
Egypt is a great place to start or expand your business. The country enjoys a welcoming business environment; offering protection, enormous growth opportunities besides a long list of incentives offered by the government for foreign companies.
Is Egypt good for business?
Though Egypt consistently fails to fare well in the Ease of Doing Business index, the strengths of the Egyptian market include a young workforce, a number of free trade agreements and arrangements, and reduced sales taxes and customs duties.
How do I get a trade Licence in Egypt?
Any person desiring to engage in a commercial activity shall submit to the appropriate authority application for Trade license by completing an application form. Doing business in Egypt requires business registration and licensing.
How much does it cost to open a restaurant in Egypt?
Companies require a minimum issued capital of LE250,000 (around US50,000). At least 25% of the issued capital must be paid at the time of incorporation and the remainder within ten years, and the incorporation must be approved by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA).
What business can you do in Egypt?
25 Business Ideas & Opportunities in Egypt
- Tourism. Tourism is one of the main income-generating sectors of Egypt. …
- Start a Hotel Business in Egypt. …
- Open a Restaurant. …
- Bakery Business in Egypt. …
- Catering Service. …
- Grocery Store. …
- Online Grocery. …
- Cyber Café